This week is fall break for DCPS, and I am released for the entire week from my accompanist duties!
You may wonder what I will do for an entire week, but never fear. I am so far behind in every other area that it will take the whole week just to catch up.
I started the day with Psalm 16 – The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance (vs. 5-6). What a beautiful picture of God’s perfect care for His people. We are indeed blessed beyond our imaginations.
My to-do list for just today includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- wishing happy birthday to a friend – done
- e-mailing reminder to worship team for next Sunday – done
- cleaning up golf gear from Saturday’s scramble
- cleaning up guest room from weekend guest
- sending a reminder about the women’s ministry team meeting on Saturday
- doing some follow-up from last night’s Bible study group
- attending First Place tonight
I have sent e-mails to missionaries, organized some writing contracts, and played on Facebook.
Before the week is out, I will make plans for the women’s ministry, kidz choirs, worship team, and young adult ministry.
I might even be able to write a word or two.
Hold on tight. This week is going to be a wild ride…