I am a little pressed for time this week, so I thought I’d just give you a list of some things that I am enjoying. If you like, add some of your own in the comments!
- Watching the 2011 SBC Annual Meeting online. Chris and I usually attend the annual meeting, but have not been able to go the past two years. Streaming video and Baptist Press on Twitter (along with tweets from other friends and texts from my friend Jennifer) make me feel like I am there – almost. You can watch here. (If you are a minster or minister’s wife in the convention, I strongly believe that convention business should be a priority, but that’s a topic for another post.)
- Henry’s kiddie pool. It’s a blessing.
- Summer reading. I just finished Fannie Flagg’s I Still Dream About You, and have started Kathryn Stockett’s The Help. My idea of good summer reading is southern fiction. Fannie Flagg never disappoints me, and so far, Stockett is turning out to a good choice, too.
- Catching up with long-time friends. I’ve had the opportunity to have some great conversations lately with friends from college days and seminary days, and talking with them always makes me feel so good. They are all doing some really great things, and I am excited for them!
- Owensboro Parent Magazine. Our very talented friend Jason Tanner is launching a new magazine for parents in the Owensboro area. It’s going to be a great resource, so be sure to bookmark their Web page and “like” them on Facebook.
So, now it’s your turn – what are you enjoying this summer?