Next week is fall break here, and I am super-excited to attend Hutchmoot for a second year in a row, so I am going to take a break from posting next Wednesday. And, since my mind is already on fall break, and since we have added a little more busyness to our calendar for the next few weeks, I thought I might just share a list with you of some of my current favorite things, in no particular order.
- Starbucks Salted Caramel Mochas. Yes, I know the pumpkin spice latte is the fan-favorite, but how can you resist chocolate, caramel, sugar, and sea salt – and coffee – in one cup?
- Dr. Teal’s Lavender Epsom Salt. How old am I again? All I know is that it makes for a great bath in the evenings, really does make my arthritis better, and is inexpensive.
- Betty Crocker cookie mix. Sometimes little boys (and moms!) want to make cookies, but there just isn’t time to make them from scratch. I keep several bags of these mixes on hand. All they take is butter or oil and an egg, and you have really great cookies in about 15 minutes.
- Walking in Grace and Beauty. Cyndi Spivey is a fashion blogger for women over 40. Although I’m not quite 40 yet, I am almost there, and I really appreciate Cyndi’s approach to the latest trends.
- Fall TV, except not network. We watch very little ABC, NBC, and CBS, but we are watching a lot of Doctor Who, Doc Martin, and Father Brown.
**Bonus – I absolutely love Story Warren. They never fail to encourage and inspire me in my parenting and in my own pursuit of a creative life. So, I am terribly excited that they agreed to publish a post I had written about what it really means to teach Henry to sit in big church. You can read it here.
What are your “must haves” this fall? Please share so I can enjoy them too!