Last week was fall break in our parts, so I have taken a little break from my “brave” posts, but they will be back next week! Relax with me this week and think about the best parts of this season.
I love fall. I think it has become my very favorite time of the year. As a kid, I preferred the care-free feeling of summer, but I think fall is the grown-up version.
My favorite things list this season is pretty simple, but I hope it will prompt you to consider what makes fall special for you. Take time to enjoy each pumpkin-spice filled minute!
- Hutchmoot – This is my third year to attend Hutchmoot, a 3-day Christianity and the arts conference. It is also the second year I have gone with my friend Amy. I like to think of it as “grown-up camp.”
- Pulling out my cowboy boots. Nothing says fall like boots, and nothing says fall with a little southern attitude like cowboy boots.
- Cooler weather. An unexpected side effect from chemo is a persistent itching whenever I get hot, whether it is from temperature or exertion. Regardless, I am thrilled for cooler temperatures and less itching!
- Kids playing outside. Cooler weather also means that the neighborhood kids are showing up in the street again to ride bikes and play. It’s the stuff childhood is made for.
- Baseball caps. My hair is growing out (after losing it all during chemo), but it is at a very awkward stage. I wear baseball caps everywhere it is acceptable to do so, particularly my favorite Vanderbilt cap.
- Crockpot meals. I love using the slow cooker. I would cook everything in it if I could. This slow cooker salsa chicken and this slow cooker pot roast are two of my favorites.
- Chocolate digestives. We are anglophiles, and I was completely delighted to discover McVitie’s chocolate digestives at my local Walmart, of all places. Perfect with a cup of green tea in the evenings.
What are some of your favorite things this fall?